1. Looks like the traditional Florsheim boots and brogues have been totally re-imagined. Boasting caviar-like beaded designs, these brogues, designed by David Silver and Steven Cox, are clearly meant for a man who cares about his footwear!
2. British designer Julian F. Bond’s pixel perfect vases and lights are created using the same casting machine and will be featured from May until September in an exhibition at the Italian Swing Gallery in Benevento.
3. Kengo Kuma and Associates take “going green” to a whole level by designing a small building in Odawara, Japan that has a facade completely covered in planters.
4. Playtime is never over for five-year-old Australian abstract artist Aelita Andre. The young prodigy’s latest collection of artwork opened at the Agora Gallery in New York this past week, and we’re simply amazed.
5. Jill Magid's first solo show in Los Angeles, Failed States, explores coincidence and poetics amid the barriers and bureaucracy of governmental power. Failed States is currently on view at Honor Fraser through July 7th.
6. Annie Vought, like so many of us, misses the days of the handwritten letter. In an attempt to keep the art of the letter alive, this California-based artist has recreated letters that she has written, received, and even found by turning them into large pieces of artwork.
7. Just in time for the Summer 2012 Olympics, Opening Ceremony finally debuted its highly anticipated,100+ piece Adidas Originals capsule collection. The 90’s inspired collections will be hitting an OC store near you early next month!
8. Jean Paul Gualtier's iconic cologne Le Male, imagined by the nose of French-American perfumier Francis Kurkdijan gets redefined in the form of a limited-edition travel flask.
9. No, this is not a photograph of a freeway. It's actually a series of multiple 30-second exposure photographs taken by Astronaut Don Pettit from 240 miles above the Earth. By compiling the images into a large composite, Pettit was able to capture about 10 to 15 minutes of light travel occuring around the Earth.
10. Justine Smith’s new series of collages entitled ‘Weapons’ are comprised of guns and weapons made out of various currencies. Smith manages to expose the beauty of these bills as well as examine our moral, political, and social relationships with money.
11. Pizza and vending machines are two things that don’t usually go together...until now! Created by Italian entrepreneur Claudio Torghel, the pizza-making vending machine mixes flour and water, kneads and rolls the dough, sticks it in an infrared oven, and then adds your choice of toppings. The whole process takes only three minutes!
12. Flattened food is definitely not the most appealing thing in the world, but this experiemental video from Kay Van Vree and Hugo de Kok, who experiemented with squishing some of our favorite foods, definitely has us charmed.
13. For their Spring/Summer 2013 collection at London's first ever Men's Fashion Week, the English utilitatian brand YMC (short for You Must Create) sent ruffian-inspired, easy-to-wear looks down the runway.