1. As part of a window display at Barney's on Madison Avenue, Christian Louboutin high heels are suspended in a giant fish tank surrounded by real live goldies. This is eerily reminiscent of our table settings at Miami Basel '11!
3. Ever wondered how the celebrities of yesteryear coped with cellulite and breakouts and hickies when it came to readying for a close-up? Now you can see the tricks of the pre-photoshop trade at the NYC Met in an exhibition titled "Faking It: Photo Manipulation Before Photoshop." The show runs through January 27, 2013, which means you have some time to go see the photographic sleight of hand with your own eyes.
4.The handiwork of artist Michael Elion, the multi-colored spectacle/spectral happening opens at Cape Town's Commune.1 Gallery. The work is created using a high-pressure pump that forces water through a specific nozzle, which atomizes the water to a certain vapor size and disperses it evenly across a volume of air.
5. New heels with a whole new slew of risks and challenges! Defying the principles of aesthetics, ergonomics, and prosthesis, these dramatically arched and stilt-like high heels take a fashionable footwear to the ultimate extreme. The 'Scary Beautiful' shoes are a collaboration between student -artist Leanie van der Vyver and Dutch shoe designer Rene van den Berg.
6. Days from now, Red Bull Stratos will take willing participant, Austrian skydiver Felix Baumgartner, to the edge of space in an effort to transcend atmospheric limits. The adrenaline junkie will free fall from a stratospheric balloon at 120,000 feet, attempting to break the speed of sound. And he is gonna be jacked as fuck on Red Bull.
7. Fendi celebrated their fifteenth anniversary at Dover Street Market in London with a signing of Silvia Fendi's new book "Baguette." Karl Lagerfeld has designed some limited edition scarves and t-shirts for the signing to commemorate the brands most beloved accessory of the last fifteen years. Look to our upcoming Baguette featurette photographed by John Michael Rusnak.
9. Perrier-Jouët's Belle Epoque has released its first limited edition Belle Epoque cuvee since 1902. The bottle design was made in close collaboration with Japanese artist and florist Makoto Azuma. A delicate floral design. A beautiful era.
10. Shake, shake, shake that THANG. Oh! Mykki Blanco's new video is giving us ass (not, of course, acid) flashbacks. Haze.Boogie.Life.
11. Quote Vendor is the brainchild of installation artist Alice Wang. A quirky way to select your next book, the vending machine dispences bottles enclosing quotes from classic titles, with the intention of intriguing you to read the entire book.
12. Have you ever looked at a horse's feet and thought: "Damn! I wish my hands and nails looked as nourished as those horse's hooves"... No? Neither have we. But thanks to the folks at Mane 'n Tail, a company that caters to the needs of... well, those with manes and tails, now you can nourish your hands and nails with a hand cream packed full of horsepower. Originally conceived to moisturize and care for our four-legged, hay-nibbling companions, the Hoofmaker Hand & Nail Therapy works equally as well for us humans, too.
13. And finally...Not sure what to do this weekend? Sunday, sneak over to this summer's season finale of The Standard DTLA's Culprit Sessions. Guy Gerber. A slew of cocktails. End of days, end of summer.